Monday, June 2, 2014

Life as we've known it

Its been some time since my last post. I won't say that a lot of the time lapse wasn't due to laziness, because it definitely was; to be fair though, the initial reason I stopped for a time was because I found out I was pregnant! Everything in my life except for the fact that I was pregnant seemed obsolete and not worth mentioning. So we will start there.

Brent and I, after a lot of soul search and prayer, decided that it was time for us to start having kids. This was a particularly hard decision for me because I had a plan: go to Graduate school, start a career, then have kids. But when something is right its right, and we knew that now was the time. It took us one month of vigrously trying ;) and we were pregnant. Brent was relieved more than anything as he had spent the last five years of his life sure that he was sterile (because of some run-ins with a broken microwave, he says).  I was shocked to say the least and it took me some time to get used to the idea like it does with most life changes.

 It did not help that I started to feel sick all of the time! Food seemed like the last thing on earth that I wanted and yet I had to eat. Brent was a trooper - he suffered through my couch potato phase, fended for himself for most meals, and ran to Wendy's when all I wanted was sprite and some chicken nuggets. One particular night he happen to arrive when it was already closed. He begged the Wendy's employee to let him buy food and she reluctantly allowed it. He was my hero that night coming home with a large sprite and two chicken sandwiches (the only food they had left) which I pulled apart and just ate the chicken. I have an amazing husband!

My Second trimester has been the bomb.com, with the exception of some pretty intense heart burn which (thanks to modern medicine) I now have under control. I am back to my normal self and loving it! I was able to get back to doing yoga and swimming too. And seeing our baby girl "punch, kick, punch, kick (that's how Brent says it) was pretty magical.





Some of the big things that were not recorded since my short hiatus was our trip to disney land (which was amazing)! I will let the pictures speak for themselves.




We used these guys to tell everyone we were expecting! 






We also moved out of our Victorian style apartment to Como student housing.


As much as I loved that apartment we were very happy to leave and be in a bigger space so close to our friends. We were only there for two weeks before moving to Seattle for Brent's summer internship, but it already felt like home thanks to all of our friends helping us move and being such great neighbors.








After getting everything settled we hosted a very successful Murder Mystery Party. It was so much fun!



Life has been crazy, but wonderful. The closer I get to having this baby the more excited I am. It might not have been my plan all along to stay be a stay-at-home mom, but I am grateful for the Lord's guidance. I know it is going to be great, challenging, but great.

1 comments: