I feel so lucky to have so many supportive and loving people in our life. Moving away from home was a challenge, but I truly believe that Brent and I have been blessed so much in the last couple of months. Our family and friends in Utah continue to be supportive and a source of great joy in our lives, and we have been blessed to meet amazing friends here in Minneapolis. This last week we participated in War Week. War Week is a tradition originally celebrated by no one ever…however, we decided to make it a 'thing'. War Week consists of 7 days watching epic war movies with the occasional wardrobe changes. Some people ask how we manage to stay sane with the wind chill consistently dropping below -15… we find our ways…
This week Brent went back to school after a break that felt like five weeks!….oh wait thats exactly how long it was. This last week it was all he could do to just live hour to hour entertaining himself in the random ways that only someone with no purpose in life could; playing call of duty, viewing vines and watching his wife clean the appartment. I have never seen someone so excited to go back to school. He was up at 7:30 in the morning putting stuff in his back pack and packing his lunch happy as could be. The start of school also meant the return of all of our friends from the break. Last night we played games and it turned into a small bit of a dance party, cabin fever might have had a small part to play in this.
When we first moved to Minneapolis I was pretty disappointed because part of moving into our own apartment meant that we were going to get a cat. Due to events out of our control (cough Brent not liking any of the apartments that allowed cats cough cough) we were unable to have pets. But there is something about the squirls here. They are huge and everywhere, they hop around being adorable and I told Brent that I wished we could have a pet squirrel. Dreams do come true my friends because this last week one of them chewed through our screen window and was relaxing in our kitchen!
But in all seriousness life is good. That doesn't mean that I don't have bad days, I think we know thats not true. I usual have an expectation of how my days are going to go and when it works out that way its great. More often than not however, it doesn't work out completely that way. Sometime it's for reasons out of my control but most of the time I feel like I could do better. I like the drive I possess to always try and be better, I hope I never lose that, but I also know that I need to recognize the good I am doing everyday as well. It's a tricky balance I am working on. I am pretty sure it will take me years to master this balance, not unlike Brent's yoga skills, but unlike Brent I don't plan on giving up!







0 comments:
Post a Comment