Once again I find my blog woefully out of date. So much has
happened since my last post I won’t be able to give everything justice, but I
am going to try. Starting with the summer.
Brent and I set off on our two-day car journey to Seattle.
Brent started his summer internship at Minor and James and I was finishing being
pregnant (my job was harder ;) )
Mostly what I remember about that trip, beside my first
pregnancy ligament pain, was the first day we did not listen to a single book
on tape and hardly any music. Fourteen straight hours of talking and playing
games like ‘would you rather’ and ‘who would you do?’ (very sophisticated
stuff).
We made it safely to Bothell where we stayed with Brent’s
aunt and uncle. They were so generous to let us stay the summer. We can say,
with certainty, that we spent more time in their house this summer then they
did, as their lives are very busy and take them lots of places.
I spent the time at Kenny and Cathy’s going on walks, doing
pregnancy yoga on their beautiful back deck, reading books on how to give birth
naturally and waiting for Brent to come home.
Luckily for me I had two good friends to keep me company, their dogs
Duke and Bogy. Throwing the tennis ball to Bogy for hours on end were some of
the more exciting parts of my day.
![]() |
| Duke stole my shoe and hid them in the bushes! |
Brent and I did have some adventures as well. We went to downtown
Seattle and to the lakes. Our friends from Minnesota, the Woods, had just moved
to Seattle for his fellowship so it was nice to see familiar faces and spend
time with them.
![]() |
| One of our Favorite things to do was drive down and get Slurpees |
I was lucky enough to spend some time in Utah during the
summer. Being away from Brent while pregnant was one of the hardest things I have
had to do in my life. We spent six of
the twelve weeks apart. With face time, texting, and Brent’s amazing ability to
be self-sufficient we were able to survive.
I drove down with my parents after they had spent some time
in Seattle with us. I still get that
sick feeling when I think about leaving Brent for as long as I did, I love that
man and hope we never have to be apart for that long again. That is until he dies of old age and I spend
the last five years of my life as a Cat lady.
![]() |

| We Met up with our super cool cousins that live there! |
Being in Utah was SO much fun! I have really grown to love
my life in Minnesota but there is nothing like coming home to the people and
places that I love. It was amazing to be with my two sisters who were also
pregnant at the same time. Being with them and their kids made me so excited
for being a mom.
They gave me the most amazing Baby shower that was well attended. I felt very loved!


They gave me the most amazing Baby shower that was well attended. I felt very loved!

My Brother Conner also got married to a wonderful girl named
Brooke. Their wedding was beautiful.
Only remind me never to attend a wedding when I am that pregnant!
The Winwards, in a surprising plot twist of their life,
moved back to Utah around the same time that Brent and I were spending the last
couple of weeks in Utah. We love that family!
We were crazy enough to decided to do the drive home to
Minnesota all in one day. All I remember about THAT drive was sad little
towns, eating KFC box dinners while driving, and having to pee the whole way
there.
| We Had SO much to bring home with us Brent packed the car like a pro! |
Needless to say this summer was perfect. It taught me so
much about being a mom, both with spending time with my nieces and nephews and
being alone in a house all day. I truly believe that God blessed me with these
experiences before I had my little one so that I could feel confident and happy
about my decision to be a mom. Because now, at then end of my pregnancy, that
is how I feel- it only took me eight months to get there ;)
































0 comments:
Post a Comment